I study the ways in which museums and libraries impact society through information provision and access. My research area is Museum Informatics: the apex of museums, information, people, and technology. I work with museums and their communities to understand their role in creating a more just society.
My Goals Are:
1. Preparing the profession
2. Evaluating Institutions
3. Spurring Systemic Change in Society
My Research Themes Are:
1. Inclusive Practice.
2. Encouraging Empathy in the Profession.
3. Creating Community Connections.
4. The Significance of Space in Knowledge Creation & Transfer.
5. The Information Gatekeeping Mechanisms of Museum Professionals.
6. Designing for Diversity.